In September this year Kiehl’s lunched a new facial oil, Daily Reviving Concentrate, a pair to the much loved Midnight Recovering Concentrate. If you’ve tried their cult evening oil you know that they do oils very well. However, I have to admit I was sceptical about the idea of using the oil in the morning. It’s not a texture I see myself applying before my makeup. I was curious to try it and see how it performs.
From Kiehl’s.co.uk: Lightweight facial oil that keeps skin looking radiant all day
– Strengthens skin’s defences against daily aggressors to keep skin youthful and radiant-looking all day
– Provides antioxidant protection with a powerful blend of naturally-derived oils, including Ginger Root, Sunflower and Tamanu, to help skin feel fresh and look energized morning to night
– Paraben free, 100% natural origin, Mineral oil free, Non-comedogenic, Non-acnegenic
– Tamanu Botanical Oil helps to reduce the appearance of daily damage as well as replenish and soothe skin; sourced from the nut of the fruit of the Tamanu tree, which is indigenous to French Polynesia.
– Sunflower Botanical Oil helps to strengthen skin’s barrier; also known to improve skin smoothness, texture and hydration.
– Ginger Root Essential Oil helps defend skin from free radicals and environmental aggressors with antioxidant protection.
Ingredients: CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, SQUALANE, CANOLA OIL, SUNFLOWER SEED OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES, TOCOPHEROL, LIMONENE, ORANGE PEEL OIL, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM SEED OIL, CALOPHYLLUM INOPHYLLUM SEED OIL, ROSA RUBIGINOSA SEED OIL, CITRUS GRANDIS PEEL OIL, ZINGIBER OFFICINALE ROOT OIL, LINALOOL, CITRAL, GERANIOL, MALPIGHIA PUNICIFOLIA
Kiehl’s description of the oil is spot on – Daily Reviving Concentrate does indeed have a light texture and gives radiance to the skin. It’s a dry oil that sinks easily into the skin, providing you don’t over apply it. 2-3 drops from the dropper is all you need. There’s no residue left after the application, the skin doesn’t feel oily to the touch and I haven’t experienced any breakouts or clogged pores while using it.
Daily Reviving Concentrate should be applied in the morning, after a serum and before moisturiser. I must say I’m not crazy about adding another step to my already busy morning routine so unless my skin feels very dry and tight in the morning I would skip a face cream if I’m using the oil. Naughty, i know, but at the moment my skin feels great with just this oil used. Because it leaves no residue there are no issues with applying makeup afterwards.
This is another nice product from Kiehl’s. I see myself using this throughout the cooler months as an additional hydration and protection from wind and cold. I’ve ordered mine from Debenhams for £36/30ml. It comes with a generous sample which is handy as you can test it properly before you open your bottle.
What are your thoughts on facial oils? Are they a part of your skincare routine?