I’ve been asked by few of my friends how Chanel’s latest addition to the nail polish line Charivari (reviewed here) compares to the other dark shades in their collection, so here are the comparison swatches:
– Chanel #599 Provocation is warmer, not so muted and with a purple-red base
– Dior #887 Purple Mix is lighter, dusty violet shade
– Essie Smokin’ Hot is lighter, with a stronger blue tint and grey base
– Chanel #563 Vertigo is as dark as Charivari but the base colour is a smoky grey and it has a red micro shimmer
– Chanel #483 is a completely different story, darker, deeper colour with shimmer and indigo blue base
All shades are swatched with two coats and without a top coat.
^ From left to right: Essie Smokin’ Hot, Chanel Charivari, Chanel Vertigo, Chanel Vendetta
^ From left to right: Essie Smokin’ Hot, Chanel Charivari, Dior Purple Mix, Chanel Provocation
^ From left to right: Chanel Provocation, Dior Purple Mix, Chanel Charivari, Essie Smokin’ Hot, Chanel Vertigo, Chanel Vendetta.